The TCTGA Memorial Scholarship
TCTGA Memorial Scholarship
Purpose Of This Scholarship:
To recognize and encourage outstanding young people, connected to the Christmas tree industry, who are continuing their studies after high school .
Scholarship Requirements 2020
- Applicant must be a child or grandchild of a TCTGA member. The parent or grandparent must be a member in good standing who was also a member in the previous year as well as the current year.
- Applicant must be a graduating senior during the year of application who will be attending a university, junior college or trade school.
- Each applicant will be evaluated on academic achievements, leadership skills and community service/citizenship. Applicants must author and submit a 200 word narrative on why they should receive this scholarship.
- Each applicant must provide at least one (but no more than three) letter(s) of recommendation from someone other than a family member.
- Each applicant must include with this application an up-to-date official high school transcript showing SAT or ACT Scores. If the applicant has been accepted by a vocational school or two year college that did not require SAT or ACT these scores will not be required.
- Each applicant must have been accepted by a vocational school, a junior college, or a four year college or university. A copy of each applicants school letter of acceptance for the Fall entering semester must be sent with the application.
- The scholarship is in the amount of $500.00 if awarded.
- The scholarship will be paid directly to the college prior to the first semester for tuition and books.
Applications must be Completed and
in the Office by March 5, 2020
Applicants need to allow at least 7 to 10 days
for delivery to insure that it arrives on time.
To Down load the Application just click on the PDF image below:
For Additional Information and Questions about the Scholarship please contact:
Please send all applications to :
2202 S. 51st St.
Temple, TX 76504
Stan Reed, Executive Director