The TCTGA Memorial Scholarship
TCTGA Memorial Scholarship
Purpose Of This Scholarship:
To recognize and encourage outstanding young people, connected to the Christmas tree industry, who are continuing their studies after high school .
Scholarship Requirements 2019
- Applicant must be a child or grandchild of a TCTGA member. The parent or grandparent must be a member in good standing who was also a member in the previous year as well as the current year.
- Applicant must be a graduating senior during the year of application who will be attending a university, junior college or trade school.
- Each applicant will be evaluated on academic achievements, leadership skills and community service/citizenship. Applicants must author and submit a 200 word narrative on why they should receive this scholarship.
- Each applicant must provide at least one (but no more than three) letter(s) of recommendation from someone other than a family member.
- Each applicant must include with this application an up-to-date official high school transcript showing SAT or ACT Scores. If the applicant has been accepted by a vocational school or two year college that did not require SAT or ACT these scores will not be required.
- Each applicant must have been accepted by a vocational school, a junior college, or a four year college or university. A copy of each applicants school letter of acceptance for the Fall entering semester must be sent with the application.
- The scholarship is in the amount of $500.00 if awarded.
- The scholarship will be paid directly to the college prior to the first semester for tuition and books.