The TCTGA Memorial Scholarship
TCTGA Memorial Scholarship
Many are no longer with us who have invested in building the Texas Christmas Tree Growers Association for the benefit of all the Texas Christmas tree growers who have come after them. In their memory, TCTGA wishes to recognize and encourage outstanding young people connected to the Texas Christmas tree industry who are continuing their studies after high school.
Purpose Of This Scholarship:
To recognize and encourage outstanding young people, connected to the Christmas tree industry, who are continuing their studies after high school.
Scholarship Amount: one first place $1,000 scholarship and additional scholarships which will be awarded to qualified applIcants.
Scholarship is to be used for tuition, fees, housing, or books at a qualified institution
Online applications must be Completed and
in the Office by March 8, 2024
Scholarship Requirements 2024
- 1. Applicant must be a child or grandchild of a current TCTGA regular member. The parent or grandparent must hold a current Regular Membership in good standing and have also held a Regular Membership in good standing the previous year.
- 2. Applicant must be a graduating senior during the year of application who has been accepted by a university, community college, or vocational school and will attend that school.
- 3. Each applicant will be evaluated on academic and extra-curricular achievements, leadership skills, service to others, overcoming challenges, and knowledge of or experience with Texas Christmas tree farms.
- 4. Applications that are incomplete or that do not meet the guidelines above will not be considered.
TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
- 1. Online application Only. This application must be completed by only the applicant. Applicant will be disqualified if any portion of the application is found to have been entered by someone other than the applicant themself.
- 2. One letter or recommendation from someone other than a family member
- 3. Copy of official high school transcript
- 4. Copy of letter of acceptance to school that applicant will attend
- 5. Photo of applicant
Copies of supporting documents (items 2, 3, 4, & 5) must be emailed to TCTGA office at email@example.com by application deadline.
For Additional Information and Questions about the Scholarship please contact: